COOKING OUR MEATS
One question we get asked frequently, is how to cook our meat.
Below is a handy guide to how to cook the perfect steak, perfect roast joint along with some of our instructions for our more unique products!
Beef Roasting Joints
(perfect for topside, rolled sirloin or rib of beef)
1. Pre-heat to max (around 240c). Remove the joint from the fridge approximately one hour before cooking to allow it to come to room temperature.
2. Rub a little oil into the joint and season with salt and pepper all over.
3. Place on a roasting tray in the oven and lower the temperature immediately to 200 c (190 fan) and roast for 20 mins per lb/500g for medium beef. For medium rare, roast for 15 minute per lb and for well done 25 mins per lb. Remove joint from the oven, cover with foil and let the joint rest for 30 mins.
4. Carve and enjoy!
(perfect for leg and loin)
1. Pre-heat to 240c (220c fan).
2. Remove the joint from the fridge approximately one hour before cooking to allow it to come to room temperature. Liberally apply salt to the skin, ensuring that it gets in to all of the score marks.
3. Place on a roasting tray in the oven and roast for 20 minutes at that temperature.
4. After 20 mins, lower the temperature down to 160c and cook for 25 minutes per lb.
5. Remove joint from the oven, cover with foil and let the joint rest for 30 mins. It can sometimes help keep the crackling nice and crisp if it is removed from the joint before covering the meat in foil.
6.Carve and enjoy!
This always depends on how thick the steak is, but if we take an average 2cm thick sirloin steak, then follow this advice and you won’t go far wrong. Rub steak with oil and season with salt and pepper (do this just before you cook - you don't want the salt to dry out the meat before cooking). Get a frying pan very hot (we're talking smoking!) and add a knob of butter. Add the steaks to the pan once the butter has gone a lovely golden brown colour and cook for the following times:
Blue – 1 min each side
Rare: 1 ½ mins each side
Medium-Rare: 2 mins each side
Medium: About 2 ½ mins each side
Well-done steak: 4-5 mins each side
Leave the steak to rest under foil for around 5 minutes before tucking in!
Our standard size chicken cushion weighs 1-1.2kgs (sizes can vary, so please ask one of our team if you’ve ordered a larger cushion).
1. Pre-heat oven to 200c (180c fan) and wrap the cushion in foil.
2. Add some water to the bottom of a roasting tray and add the cushion (ensure the foil is fully around the joint to prevent any moisture getting in), The water will help steak the cushion as it roasts.
3. Cook for 1hr at 180c and then remove the foil and cook for a further 20-30 mins to crisp up the bacon and get some colour on the skin.
4. Remove from the oven, cover with foil and rest for 15-20 minutes before carving.
Stuffed Chicken Breasts
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200c (180c fan).
2. Wrap the chicken breasts in foil, place on a roasting tray and cook in the oven for 30 minutes.
3. Uncover and roast for a further 20 minutes to colour and crisp up the bacon.
Gourmet Beef Burgers/Greek Lamb Truffles
1. Pre-heat oven to 200c (180c fan). Place on a roasting tray (ideally lined with foil to catch any juices/sauce that might try and escape)
2. Roast for 25-30 minutes – allow to cool for 2-3 minutes
before tucking in – that sauce gets hot!